CORONAVIRUS – ADVICE TO MEMBERS OF GREYSTONES LTC
The Committee, having reviewed the advice of Government, Tennis Ireland and the actions of various sporting bodies, are requesting members adhere to the advice and precautions on Covid 19 as published by the Government and health experts. Some useful links:
- HSE advice on coronavirus
- Government advice on coronavirus
- Tennis Ireland communication Thursday 12 March
- Taoiseach’s speech on Thursday 12 March
We are also advising members as follows in relation to the Club and its activities (this may be subject to change – updates to be advised by email):
- Normal social play – The normal playing of social games can continue on the basis that the game is played outdoors and social distancing is observed i.e. there is minimal close contact between players during a game and during changeover. Elbow or feet bumps are advised rather than the traditional handshake after a game.
- Club opening hours – the clubhouse will continue to operate normal opening hours until further notice.
- Club office – will continue to operate on Mondays and Wednesdays 9am – 2pm and Thursday evenings 7-9pm until further notice.
- Club bar – the club bar will continue to operate normal hours until further notice.
COACHING & CAMPS
- Junior coaching and Miss Hits – cancelled with immediate effect and will re-commence on Monday 30 March unless otherwise advised. Booking online for this term remains open. https://www.smartclubcloud.com/
- Cardio tennis – cancelled with immediate effect and will re-commence on Saturday 4 April unless otherwise advised.
- Adult coaching – coaching is cancelled with immediate effect and will re-commence on Monday 30 March unless otherwise advised in relevant whats app groups.
- Easter Camps – due to go ahead as scheduled from 6 April to 17 April unless otherwise advised. Booking online remains open for members and non-members https://greystonesltc.ie/easter-tennis-camps/
- DLTC & charity leagues – DLTC have advised that the semi-finals and finals of Winter League are cancelled until further notice. No confirmation yet regarding charity league – would seem likely that it will be cancelled in line with other events.
- Over 35s competition – remaining matches before the final can be played with agreement from all players and provided social distancing is observed (note above re normal social play). Finals night on Saturday 21 March is cancelled as it could result in a crowd gathering indoors of more than 100 people. Finals date will be re-scheduled.
- Junior Spring Cup Competition – remaining matches and finals on Saturday 21 March are cancelled.
- Ladies Spring Doubles – remaining matches can be played with agreement from all players.
- Ladies social mornings – is cancelled with immediate effect and will re-commence on Monday 30 March unless otherwise advised. Note above re normal social play. Friday morning scones/coffee for charity cancelled for the next few weeks.
- Family social tennis on Sundays – is cancelled with immediate effect and will re-commence in April unless otherwise advised. Note above re normal social play.
- Monday night social – is cancelled with immediate effect and will re-commence on Monday 30 March unless otherwise advised. Note above re normal social play.
- AGM – postponed to a future date which will be advised in due course (2 weeks’ notice is required). Related to the AGM which was due to take place on Wednesday 1 April please note:
- The financial accounts and other information will be uploaded and available online nearer to 1 April. Members will be emailed with relevant links.
- The current Committee will stay in place until such time as the AGM is held and a vote can take place. Proposed new officers and Committee members for 2020/2021 are being requested to assist the existing Committee where agreed and appropriate.
- Any proposed motions will be voted on at the future AGM date.
- St Patrick’s Day Parade – cancelled.
- Captains’ Dinner – postponed until further notice. It was due to take place on Saturday 4 April.
- Family Easter Egg Hunt – due to take place on Sunday 5 April will go ahead unless otherwise advised.
- Open day – cancelled until further notice. It was due to take place on Sunday 29 March. New members can join Greystones LTC online.
- Club Senior Open – due to take place over the May Bank Holiday weekend remains scheduled at this time. Enter the Greystones Senior Open here online.
- Third party bookings – we are not accepting bookings for third party events in the clubhouse until Monday 30 March at the earliest. Organisers of third party events such as Boogie Bounce and Table Tennis have been advised to cancel events in our Clubhouse until at least this date.
MEMBERSHIP, TOP UPs, GREEN FEES
- Membership fees, top ups, green fees and other payments – payments accepted online on www.smartclubcloud.com and in the bar/office as appropriate. See times above.
- Membership – If people wish to join the club they can continue to do so online.
- Club Draw – the Club is committed to its current club draw until such time as an alternative fundraising can be put in place. However, the first club draw of 2020 scheduled for the over 35s night is deferred. The club draw can be joined online and is open to members and non-members of Greystones LTC. There is an opportunity of winning €1k per draw (6 per year) or winning attendance prizes. Further information on the club draw.
Any questions please contact the Committee.