Summer Tennis Camps 2020
Camp 1A (Morning 10.15am-1.15pm) : Monday 6th July – Friday 10th July
Camp 1B (Afternoon 2.15 – 5.15pm) : Monday 6th July – Friday 10th July
Camp 2A (Morning 10.15am-1.15pm) : Monday 13th July – Friday 17th July
Camp 2B (Afternoon 2.15 – 5.15pm) : Monday 13th July – Friday 17th July
Camp 3A (Morning 10.15am-1.15pm) : Monday 20th July – Friday 24th July
Camp 3B (Afternoon 2.15 – 5.15pm) : Monday 20th July – Friday 24th July
Camp 4A (Morning 10.15am-1.15pm) : Monday 27th July – Friday 31st July
Camp 4B (Afternoon 2.15 – 5.15pm) : Monday 27th July – Friday 31st July
Camp 5A (Morning 10.15am-1.15pm) : Tuesday 4th August – Friday 7th August *
Camp 5B (Afternoon 2.15 – 5.15pm) : Tuesday 4th August – Friday 7th August *
Camp 6A (Morning 10.15am-1.15pm) : Monday 10th August – Friday 14th August
Camp 6B (Afternoon 2.15 – 5.15pm) : Monday 10th August- Friday 14th August
Camp 7 (Morning 10.15am-1.15pm) : Monday 17th August- Friday 21st August
**Extra Camp: Camp 8 Morning Only (10.15am – 1.15pm) Monday 24th August – Friday 28th August**
**Non Member Booking: Click here to book online.
Click here for Parents guide to Summer Camps Covid 19
GLTC Summer Tennis Camps: 8 Weeks starting Monday 6th July through to Friday 28th August
The details outlined below are VERY IMPORTANT and we would ask parents to take the time to read before making your booking
Before a Junior is Signed Up or Plays in the Summer Camp, Juniors must stay at home if he or she
- Has been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Has been overseas in the last 14 days.
- Has been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Has flu-like symptoms (Fever, Cough, Sore Throat, Shortness of Breath, Extreme Tiredness).
- Is in a high-risk health category. Check with your GP prior to playing.
- Is not able to comply with GLTC’s following guidelines for Attending the Club, Social Distancing and Behaviours – https://greystonesltc.ie/return-to-playing-tennis-guidelines-mon-29-june/
During the tennis camps, parents are to advise their children on the following guidelines:
- Sharing of Tennis Rackets is not permitted
- Players should bring their own water and snacks to the camp. Sharing of water bottles & snacks will not be permitted.
- Children must use the hand sanitiser nearest their coaching court before and after the camp and before and after using the toilet.
- Parents should advise children to practice social distancing before, during & after the camp.
- Parents should advise children not to touch the tennis balls but instead to practice picking up the tennis balls using only their rackets. See video for demonstration: https://greystonesltc.ie/ball-handling-tips-from-alan/
- Parents should not share lifts to and from tennis camps.
- In the event of bad weather, you will receive a text message to say that the camp is cancelled that day. Parents must be available to pick up their children from camp as soon as possible.
- Parents will be advised prior to the first day of camp where the specific drop off and collection points will be during the tennis camp.
- Commences week of 6th July – 28th August (8 weeks).
- Ages: For children born 2012 -2005 only
- Registration for members will go live on www.smartclubcloud.com on Monday 29th June at 10am and will be available to book through your account via Coaching (payment cannot be made through the office and must be made online). Bookings for non-members will open from Thursday 2nd July at 10am.
- If your 2020 membership fees remain outstanding the system will not allow you proceed with your booking.
- There are 2 camps per day/week from Monday to Friday: Morning Camp: 10.15am-1.15pm. Afternoon Camp: 2.15 – 5.15pm
- Ages: Camps are open to children born 2012 or older. We are hoping to run camps for children born 2012 and younger as soon as we can.
- Class size: For Children born 2012 Groups will run based on 8 children with 1 coach and 1 assistant coach over 4 mini tennis nets. For Children born 2011 and older, groups will have a maximum ratio of 6 players to 1 coach and 1 assistant coach on 1 full size court.
- Social Distancing: Tape will be used to mark positions of players when the coach is demonstrating and positions during drink & snack breaks.
- Cost: Members €89, Non-Members €99. No Sibling discounts. Camps 5A & 5B are for 4 days only. Cost for Camps 5A & 5B: Members €72, Non Members €80
- Bookings will be open to members from Monday 29th June to Wednesday 1st July. Bookings for non-members will open from Thursday 2nd July at 10am
*Non Member Booking: Click here to book online.
For any queries on Tennis Camps, please contact Alan Russell on 0872225298.
For members – As places are likely to be limited this year, please be sure to have you’re smartclub login information to hand. Click here for information on how to troubleshoot your smart login Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org