Ladies – the chick league – groups and subs and weekly assigned matches are now available. There are 8 groups of 8 players.
Each group has been assigned a captain.
The captain is being asked to contact the group and get the gang going! But if you’re in a group why not make your captain’s life easy and give them a call.
It might be useful to have a whatsapp group to contact each other. Member phone numbers are on the website.
Please play each week. Aim to play your first match by Sunday 23 October and play one match a week thereafter to keep on schedule!
- Agree a default time that suits most of the group – Suggested times are off peak in the club eg early Saturday morning say 10, Saturday afternoon say around 4 or 5 or Sunday around 4 or 5 (only a suggestion though – the majority in the group decides)
- The captain collects €5 euros from each player – This money goes towards prizes for each group – so if the group doesn’t collect the money there won’t be a prize!
- The schedule and score sheets are also on the noticeboard besides ladies changing room so please fill in your score there.
- Try and keep on schedule – Rearranging matches is absolutely fine – and can be done by the 4 who are scheduled to play (it is not the captain’s job!!)
- A list of subs allowed for the group is on the noticeboard but for the most part you should try and play the match as it will keep the group “clean” and it means you earn your own score. Again you arrange your own sub – its not the captains job.
- Prizes will be given out on the ladies Christmas party night Friday 9 December.
- New subs can be added if they contact Ailish or Kathy.
- 2 full sets and if its 1 all in sets there is a championship tiebreak for the final set (played like a normal tiebreak but its first to 10 winning by 2 instead of 7)
- Points received from sets – eg max points per week is 2 (could be 1 or zero to losers) but keep full scores as this might effect outcome if several people are on the same score
- Subs earn points for the person they are playing for – not for themselves.
Any questions please contact Ailish 0872380265 or Kathy 087 050 1937