The Super Seniors Inter Provincials is coming up this weekend 12/13 May and we are looking for VOLUNTEERS to help us show Greystones LTC at its best – that includes our club and facilities and of course our members as hosts to this fantastic event.
We need extra hands for the following times
- Friday 2:30 pm and 4:30 pm
- Saturday 12 pm 2:30 pm 4:30 pm
Many hands make light work and teams of 5 or 6 will have everything done in well under an hour for each shift! Marie McCooey is the co-ordination point so please contact her on 087 207 9627. As always your support is very much appreciated.
And in case you missed it what this is all about – What is the Super Senior Veterans?
Ladies and mens doubles matches between Leinster, Ulster, Connaught and Munster. All provinces play each other over the course of the weekend.
4 people on each team in the following age categories:
Mens – 55+ , 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+ & 2 players in teams for 80+
i.e. 144 of the best players in Ireland for their age group.
What’s happening in GLTC?
- Friday 12 May
- Play starts at 2.30pm and is due to finish at 6.30pm
- Saturday 13 May
- Morning session starts at 9.30am and is expected to run to 13.30pm
- Our local TD, Simon Harris and current Minister for Health will be visiting Greystones LTC. We plan to inform him about the benefits of tennis from a health perspective and why it is a sport for all ages at 2.30pm.
- Afternoon session starts at 2.30pm and is due to finish at 6.30pm
- Both days
- 9 courts in action (so please bear in mind if you are thinking of playing)
- Bar will be open for spectators throughout the event – all invited to come down and watch some super tennis – have tea/coffee and other beverages.
Why tennis is a sport for life?
- Tennis can be enjoyed at any age – all you need to do is hold a racquet.
- Playing tennis regularly improves aerobic fitness, speed, leg strength, control, agility, dynamic balance, coordination and flexibility.
- Tennis is a non-contact, low impact sport reducing the risk of injury.
- Tennis caters for all ranges in ability. You will always find a tennis partner to fit your age, fitness, health and schedule.
- The rules are the same the world over – tennis travels well whether you are on holiday or moving abroad.