Who can play tennis at Greystones LTC during phase 3?
- A member who (1) has booked a court online (2) has not been advised to self-isolate/cocoon, (2) has not been abroad within 14 days (3) is not displaying covid19 symptoms or been around someone with Covid 19 symptoms for 14 days.
- Under 16s with a parent/guardian present and 16-18s during off peak hours.
- Spectators are permitted providing social distancing is observed.
- Non-members who have booked tennis camps in advance online.
- No guests yet. Phase 3 says that members can bring guests but we need to be able to trace guests – we are working on this with the booking providers and will advise when we are ready to welcome members of guests.
Full details on the Tennis Ireland Phase 3 protocols are available on the clicks below.
You can play singles and doubles …..
- Both singles play and doubles play will be permitted with people from outside of their household, as long as they remain 2 metres apart as much as possible
- We can have internal club tournaments, interclub competitions and open tournaments!
Book in advance – how do you book?
- You must book a court in advance. Log into smartclubcloud.com or clubmanager365.com using your username usually firstname.surname.xxxx (where xxxx is your membership number) eg john.smith.1234. Your membership number is on your smart card or the invoice. Having trouble logging in – check out our troubleshooting page on the website.
- Watch this video on how to book – link to the video
- All member names whether singles or doubles must be entered to allow for contact tracing at the time of booking.
- If you change your opposition, you must update your booking. Provide information on guests when permitted – all required for contact tracing.
- Cancel if you cannot play, in good time – be fair on your fellow members. Courts are at a premium.
- Other booking rules are inbuilt in the system.
When playing tennis…..
- Physical distancing should be observed throughout the period of play, particularly when taking a break, on change of ends and entering and exiting the court. Players should change ends at opposite sides of the net.
- No handshakes or high 5s. Avoid touching your face. Practice respiratory hygiene when coughing or sneezing by covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue and throwing used tissues in the bin and hand washing immediately afterwards.
- Preferably use your own clearly marked tennis balls when you play. However, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch
your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play, during play (Particularly after serving) and immediately after finishing (use sanitising gel if required).
- Replace balls if someone suspected of having COVID 19 comes in contact with them.
- Consider spraying balls with a disinfectant spray at the conclusion of play. Using new balls on a regular basis is encouraged.
- Players should still avoid using their hands to pick up tennis balls from other courts where possible – use your racquet / foot to return them.
- Do not share food, towels, drinks or other equipment with people outside your household.
- Ideally bring a small bottle of hand sanitizer and use it.
- Respect everyone else’s time. Finish promptly at your allotted time for the next players to enjoy tennis
Summer Camps & Coaching
- Summer camps commence on Monday 5 July and junior group coaching for week commencing Monday 22 June can be booked online only. Members will receive first option on booking camps. Up to 6 players can be coached on the same court subject to social distancing and 8 players on court divided into 4 mini-courts.
- Limited 1/1 coaching with Alan Russell and Therese Ryan is available. Coaches are allowed to work with up to 6 players per court subject to social distancing practices being implemented.
- 1/1 Coaching with Alan must be booked and paid for in advance online through our website, greystonesltc.ie then contact Alan on email@example.com and on (087) 2225298, agree a time with him he will book your session on court 3. One hour’s coaching costs €40. This will count as one of your playing hours.
- Coaching with Therese is available by contacting her directly.
When at the club….
- Observe social distancing – in the car park, on the court, the clubhouse entering and leaving court i.e. everywhere.
- Sanitize your hands using one of the dispensers near the court before and after play.
- Go to the court you have booked at your allotted time. One-way entry to courts in operation. See map.
- Be sensible – wait in your car if you are early and know what court you are on.
- If you are “supervising” your children – only 1 adult per child or 1 parent may supervise two children. Supervision is either on the court or stay in your car. We are not encouraging mingling.
- Avoid touching things unnecessarily – that means the fence, the poles, the gates, the signs, the net, your opposition, and their equipment etc.
- We would encourage you to come in your gear ready to play and change footwear at your car or at home and not to enter the clubhouse unnecessarily. However the clubhouse is available if you need to go to the toilet or put on floodlights or use the changing rooms. The junior hall and upstairs are closed. Again avoid touching anything if you are in the clubhouse.
- Remind others gently if you witness poor practices taking place.
- Repeated poor practice should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org and the Club reserves the right to take further action such as limiting your ability to book a court and/or membership suspension.
- Come solely to/from the club (unless with someone in your household).
- It is advisable to clean your equipment after use and spray your tennis balls with disinfectant.
- If you become unwell after playing, contact your GP/HSE and then inform the club by emailing email@example.com. We will contact the HSE and undertake contact tracing through our booking system.
Tennis balls available to buy
- Tennis balls are available to buy online through our website greystonesltc.ie As there is no access to the clubhouse and contactless payment is the only option, collection is only available from the following day via the court supervisor.
Failure to comply…
Failure to comply with these guidelines, repeated poor practice or failure to observe an instruction from a club supervisor will be noted and the Club may suspend you from booking courts and reserves the right to take further action in relation to your membership.
Adherence to these guidelines will ensure we can keep the club open. Please ensure you are also familiar with Tennis Ireland (TI) guidelines for players. These will be amended along with Government guidelines as the weeks progress.
While these new protocols may seem overly restrictive, Tennis Ireland has stressed the importance of safety for all while playing tennis and using tennis facilities and therefore the Committee would be grateful for your compliance with these measures.
We are all in this together and we look forward to the time when these rules will be no longer required but, in the meantime, keeping all our members safe and well is our priority.
The Covid 19 Committee
- Conor Woods – Club Manager and Chair of this Committee – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alan Russell – Covid 19 Officer & Head Coach – email@example.com
- Linda Dillane – Club Administrator -firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helen Ryan – General Committee – email@example.com
- Ailish Byrne – Club Chair – firstname.lastname@example.org