Tennis is back from 1 December!
We are delighted to be back in Level 3 from Tuesday 1 December. Courts are open for bookings on Club Manager/SMART and the following are allowed again:
- Casual and social tennis for all our members
- adult coaching including cardio
- junior coaching continues
- the clubhouse is open for lights and toilets
- non members as guests are also permitted provided green fees are paid.
The Club is following the Tennis Ireland Framework for playing Tennis during Covid 19. Guidance on Level 3 from Tennis Ireland – November.
Unfortunately there is no social events allowed so our organised social tennis on Wednesday and Thursday mornings for ladies, the Sunday afternoon teen tennis and Monday social tennis is cancelled.
Who can play tennis?
- A member who (1) has booked a court online (2) has not been advised to self-isolate/cocoon, (2) has not been abroad within 14 days (unless coming from a green listed country) (3) is not displaying covid 19 symptoms or been around someone with Covid 19 symptoms for 14 days.
- All members regardless of where they live. This is good news for our members from outside Wicklow who can now travel to play in our club under the latest Tennis Ireland guidelines.
- Both singles play and doubles play can continue, as long as long as players observe social distancing of 2 metres apart as much as possible
- Under 16s with a parent/guardian present and 16-18s during off peak hours. If you are supervising your children – only 1 adult per child or 1 parent may supervise two children. Supervision is either on the court or stay in your car.
- Casual play only. No competitions. This includes box leagues etc. The only exception in this regard is activities for high performance players who fall under the definition as outlined in the Tennis Ireland Framework.
- No spectators.
- You must book a court in advance and all players must be named to allow for contact tracing. Log into smartclubcloud.com or clubmanager365.com using your username usually firstname.surname.xxxx (where xxxx is your membership number) eg john.smith.1234. Your membership number is on your smart card or the invoice. Having trouble logging in – check out our troubleshooting page on the website.
If you change your opposition, you must update your booking. Cancel if you cannot play, in good time – be fair on your fellow members. Courts are at a premium.
- Guests are allowed but must be living in Co Wicklow and must be named with the member booking. A green fee of €6 is due and payable through events in SMART
- Players should arrive in time for their match and should leave once completed.
- If entering the clubhouse please wear a mask and observe sanitization and social distancing guidelines.
- lights. Lights can be used. Please do not congregate near the entrance or lobby downstairs for the lights. Cards can be provided to one nominated person in a group to enter the clubhouse to turn on lights.
- Toilets. Toilets are open for use. After school hours please use the downstairs entrance. During school hours while Greystones Community College are on the premises please use the staff toilet (men) and the upstairs disabled toilet (women). You will need your smart card to access the building.
- Changing rooms are closed. Please come in your gear ready to play.
- The Club office – is open 9-1pm Monday, Wed and Thursday. Please contact the office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 012876505. Enter via the outside stairs and the bar (there is a bell here or you can use your smart card) as the school is using the building at these times.
Otherwise upstairs and the junior halls are closed.
Arriving, playing and leaving…..
- Come solely to/from the club (unless with someone in your household).
- Observe social distancing everywhere and physical distancing throughout the period of play, particularly when taking a break, on change of ends and entering and exiting the court. Players should change ends at opposite sides of the net.
- Sanitize your hands using one of the dispensers near the court before and after play.
- Be sensible – wait in your car if you are early and know what court you are on. Go to the court you have booked at your allotted time. One-way entry to courts in operation. Leave promptly.
No handshakes or high 5s. Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid touching things unnecessarily – that means the fence, the poles, the gates, the signs, the net, your opposition, and their equipment etc.
- Practice respiratory hygiene when coughing or sneezing by covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue and throwing used tissues in the bin and hand washing immediately afterwards.
- Do not share food, towels, drinks or other equipment with people outside your household.
- Ideally bring a small bottle of hand sanitizer and use it.
- Respect everyone else’s time. Finish promptly at your allotted time for the next players to enjoy tennis
Preferably use your own clearly marked tennis balls when you play. However, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play, during play (Particularly after serving) and immediately after finishing (use sanitising gel if required).
Replace balls if someone suspected of having COVID 19 comes in contact with them.
Consider spraying balls with a disinfectant spray at the conclusion of play. Using new balls on a regular basis is encouraged.
Players should still avoid using their hands to pick up tennis balls from other courts where possible – use your racquet / foot to return them.
Comply to stay safe….
The Committee would be grateful for your compliance with these measures so we can keep the club open.
Remind others gently if you witness poor practices taking place.
Repeated poor practice should be reported to email@example.com and the Club reserves the right to take further action such as limiting your ability to book a court and/or membership suspension.
If you become unwell after playing, contact your GP/HSE and then inform the club by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact the HSE and undertake contact tracing through our booking system.
The Covid 19 Committee
Conor Woods – Club Manager and Chair of this Committee – email@example.com
Kai Evans – Junior Captain – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ailish Byrne – Club Chair – email@example.com