Greystones LTC takes part in all the Dublin Lawn Tennis Council (DLTC) league competitions. Happening throughout the year and catering for a range of standards they are a great way to represent your club as part of a team, test your competitive spirit and meet members from other clubs. Males and females over 14 on 1 January each year are eligible to play on teams.
Matches consist of team round robin matches for 5 weeks (one match per week) followed by play offs for the top 2 teams in each group which can go all the way to the finals!
Players and teams are selected by the captains and their selection Committees. The DLTC leagues for men and women are:
- Winter League – 3 doubles pairs on a team. From the last Sunday in January. Men play in the morning and women in the afternoon. For 2021 Winter League started in September and play will wrap up in October. We have 7 men’s teams and 6 ladies teams competing in teams from Class 1 to Class 7.
- Summer League – 7 players on a team. 3 singles players and 2 doubles pairings. From early May, men’s matches are Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons. Ladies’ matches will be played in the evenings on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. For 2022, we have entered 5 mens and 5 ladies teams.
- Mixed league – 3 mixed doubles pairings and each team. From late June. Friday evenings.
- Senior League – for over 35s plus. 3 doubles pairings on a team. From the last Sunday in August. Men play in the morning and women in the afternoon.
- Floodlight league – 4 players on a team. Draw happens before each fixture commences and includes 2 singles and 1 doubles pairing. Evenings from late September.
Ladies Charity League
Our ladies also take part in the charity league which is usually run twice a year in October and January on weekday mornings. Teams consist of three doubles pairs and all proceeds from this competition go to a charity nominated by the winning club.