Tennis truly is a sport for life! On behalf of Tennis Ireland Greystones LTC is hosting the inter-provincial super seniors (55+) inter pros over the weekend of Friday 12 and Saturday 13 May. All members are invited to come down and watch the best of Ireland’s veterans play some great competitive tennis.
What is the Super Senior Veterans?
There will be ladies and mens doubles matches between Leinster, Ulster, Connaught and Munster. All provinces play each other over the course of the weekend.
4 people on each team in the following age categories:
Mens – 55+ , 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+ & 2 players in teams for 80+
i.e. 144 of the best players in Ireland for their age group.
What’s happening in GLTC?
- Friday 12 May
- Play starts at 2.30pm and is due to finish at 6.30pm
- Saturday 13 May
- Morning session starts at 9.30am and is expected to run to 13.30pm
- Our local TD, Simon Harris and current Minister for Health will be visiting Greystones LTC. We plan to inform him about the benefits of tennis from a health perspective and why it is a sport for all ages at 2.30pm.
- Afternoon session starts at 2.30pm and is due to finish at 6.30pm
- Both days
- 9 courts in action (so please bear in mind if you are thinking of playing)
- Bar will be open for spectators throughout the event – all invited to come down and watch.
Why tennis is a sport for life?
- Tennis can be enjoyed at any age – all you need to do is hold a racquet.
- Playing tennis regularly improves aerobic fitness, speed, leg strength, control, agility, dynamic balance, coordination and flexibility.
- Tennis is a non-contact, low impact sport reducing the risk of injury.
- Tennis caters for all ranges in ability. You will always find a tennis partner to fit your age, fitness, health and schedule.
- The rules are the same the world over – tennis travels well whether you are on holiday or moving abroad.