How to get more games
Looking to play more tennis – here are our top 10 tips to getting more games and meeting people.
- Play social tennis – there is social tennis for seniors on most days and there is weekly organised tennis for juniors – you can join in without having to bring a partner, you’ll meet more people and increase your options for games
- Enter tournaments and competitions in the club – these are mostly graded to suit different standards of tennis – we do our best to find someone if you wish to play doubles or mixed – of course with singles you don’t need a partner. We publish a senior calendar and junior calendar annually. Closing dates, times and finals nights are covered in our newsletter, facebook and news posts.
- Talk to the Committee. The men’s captain (087 0501938), ladies’ captain (087 0501938) often know someone else looking for a game. On the junior side talk to our coach Alan Russell or other coaches. The Membership Secretary and other Committee members are also there to help you get the most out of your membership.
- Come into the bar – widen your circle of people to play with, get chatting to the barman – people are happy to help out and offer advice
- Come down to social events – ditto – you’ll meet more people and widen the number of people you know
- Ask someone – If you meet someone that you have a great game with socially or in a competition – ask them if they are interested in having a game
- Join or set up a whatsapp group – there are some informal and formal whats apps groups already in the club – ask to have your name included – the captains are usually a good source of this information
- Do some group coaching – there will be others there of similar standard, you’ll learn some tennis and have some fun.
- Play league – Become part of a team representing the club and play in the Dublin tennis adult league which runs at various times during the year, the charity league in Spring or Autumn for ladies or Easter Cup for men. Similarly there are junior tennis leagues.
- Enter competitions in other clubs – there are lots of these on throughout the year – check out the Tennis Ireland senior calendar 2016 and Tennis Ireland junior calendar 2016.