the chick league – groups and weekly assigned matches are now available. With a fantastic 60 entries there are 7 groups – 6 groups of 8 players and 1 group of 12 players.Ladies –
Each group will be assigned a captain! Or why not volunteer by contacting Rona? The captain will be asked to contact the group and get the gang going! But if you’re in a group why not make your captain’s life easy and give them a call.
It might be useful to have a whatsapp group to contact each other. Member phone numbers are on the website.
Please play each week. Aim to play your first match by Sunday 11 November and play one match a week thereafter to keep on schedule! If you can’t play this week then double up another week at a time to suit you.
- Agree a default time that suits most of the group – preferably off peak and PLEASE not everyone on a Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday at 8 – think early evening or a bit later or mornings or weekends – Saturdays morning or afternoon or Sunday afternoons. The entire group doesn’t all have to play at the same time every week – it is flexible once the group agrees.
- The captain collects €5 euros from each player – This money goes towards prizes for each group – so if the group doesn’t collect the money there won’t be a prize!
- The schedule and score sheets will be put on the noticeboard so please fill in your score there.
- Try and keep on schedule – Rearranging matches is absolutely fine – and can be done by the 4 who are scheduled to play (it is not the captain’s job!!)
- You can get a sub in your own group or from other specified groups. The list is on the noticeboard but for the most part you should try and play the match as it will keep the group “clean” and it means you earn your own score. Again you arrange your own sub – its not the captains job.
- Prizes will be given out on the ladies Christmas party night Saturday 8 December.
- New subs can be added if they contact Ailish or Rona.
- 2 full sets and if its 1 all in sets there is a championship tiebreak for the final set (played like a normal tiebreak but its first to 10 winning by 2 instead of 7)
- Points received from sets – eg max points per week is 2 (could be 1 or zero to losers) but keep full scores as this might effect outcome if several people are on the same score
- Subs earn points for the person they are playing for – not for themselves.
Any questions please contact Ailish 0872380265 or Rona 087 050 1937. Thanks also to Kathy, Robyn and Moira who helped organise the groups.