GLTC Olympic team event – Fri 5, 12 and 19 Aug
Greystones LTC are having a club team competition to coincide with the Olympics. All levels are welcome.
- 8 people on a team – 4 men and 4 women
- Enter alone or as a doubles pair – we’ll find you partners if needs be and match you up into teams
- There will be 3 games against other teams – Friday 5, 12 and 19 August at 7.30pm
- Cost €10 includes BBQ each Friday night (yes 3 nights play and BBQ for €10 euros a bargain!)
- Each team consists of 2 men and 2 women from class 1 -4 and 2 men and 2 women from class 5 and below
- Guaranteed fun event! Friday nights have proven very popular in the club this July – let’s continue this on into August!
- You can get subs!
How play and scoring works
- Class 1 – 4 men and women play 1 game of doubles (9 games – tiebreak at 8 games) and 1 game of mixed (9 games again a tie break for the 9th game) against the class 1 – 4 pairs
- The same happens with class 5 and below against the same level on the other side
- Each mixed pair is nominated in order of merit so the best pair play the best pair
- There are potentially 72 points up for grabs for each team to win each week (9 for ladies doubles *2, mens doubles *2, mixed doubles *4)
Other important info
- Max entries is 32 persons so hurry up and enter!
- Winners are the teams with most points!
- Sign up on the noticeboard, text the captains Kathy 087 050 1937 or Niall 050 1938 or contact Nicola Hennessy 086 8683305
- Winners and finals night is Fri 19 August
- Questions – please ring Nicola, Kathy or Niall